[Mageia-dev] sync with mandriva

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:11:40 CET 2010

2010/11/18 Gustavo De Nardin <gustavodn at gmail.com>:

> The final doc was made by Bogdano and me. Unfortunately the cluster is
> nonworking right now for me, which seems to be making that HTML
> unreachable.

For those who can't find it:
From: Gustavo De Nardin (spuk)
Subject: [Maintainers] New SVN repository plan
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:15:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hello.

Me and Bogdano have been on and off discussing/planning/doing the needed
steps for the new SVN repository scheme, and in the latest weeks we finished
our proposal.  Our conclusions and proposed scheme is described here:
<http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~spuk/binrepo.html>.  There may still be some
rough edges.

This is following the discussions started at the end of 2007:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/BuildSystem's_Subversion_Repository_Improvements

Basic idea is to remove binary files from the main repository.

Keep in mind, however, that this is not meant to ease maintainers' lifes,
but to ease administration and management of the SVN repository, while
trying to not make maintainers' lifes significantly worse.  :]

Please comment.