[Mageia-dev] Downloading the .iso file: Hopefully BitTorrent not mandated...

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:36:26 CET 2010

2010/12/6 Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk>:
> Mandriva has recently been showing their .iso file downloadable only
> via BitTorrent.

Not true. Including current version it was/is available via BitTorrent
AND FTP download from the mirrors.

> Will Mageia's .iso file be  downloadable by non-BitTorrent protocols
> (e.g. FTP)?

This is one of those very very premature questions and will be
discussed/decided when the time comes (which is far away). But without
punching on my crystal ball too hard I guess Alpha versions will come
as ftp downloads while I'd say distributiing the final with torrents
and ftp would be a good idea - takes the load off the servers.

--
wobo