[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout
rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:45:50 CET 2010
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 16:35, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Isn't this what this whole discussion is about? There ARE legal issues
> with some software users regard as "must have". Now, how do you avoid
> these issues?
To summarize, strategies:
1. ignore the issues and see what happens;
2. ignore the less significant ones;
3. get to know each of these and manage case by case
and factor whenever possible and see what happens, update, repeat.
1. and 2. are more radical, but are some sort of trial-and-error, risk
management strategies. Ok... looking at it this way won't lead us
further I guess.
Let's try this: what if we consider, at first, that software patents
were a non-issue? (that is, we just consider they are all invalid as
How would this change/simplify the problem?
- for packaging/shipping the distribution
- for mirroring it
- for using it.
(please don't go "but there _are_ software patents" for now)
More information about the Mageia-dev