[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 11 07:30:06 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:07 AM, andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net> wrote:

> Don't forget, virtually all software, in some respect, can be considered
> subject to patent claims.
> Microsoft has a patent on some charactistic necessarily used by all
> spreadsheets.  Including Visicalc, which predates anything Microsoft
> produced.
> (I forget the details, something ridiculously simple.)
> It is obviously unenforceable; no court would endorse it.
>
> The Linux kernel is supposedly subject to many patents.
> So if you want to avoid all potential software patent claims, you should
> probably avoid Linux.

If every developer on this world who writes open source software would care
about such patents, than nobody would be able to program because you have to
fear that a big company like Microsoft will have a patent on some part of
code. But as you mentioned in previous posts, only such people with lots of
money will have problems.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings