[Mageia-dev] mageia sound tasks

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Dec 17 21:45:21 CET 2010

Am 17.12.2010 12:35, schrieb Sascha Schneider:
> Hi list,
>
> I just started to create some task.spec files from the mandriva
> task-sound-studio for mageia.
> In contrast to the former taskfile and to most other linux audio
> distributions I would like to establish a modular system of sound-tasks,
> that help installing packages, but do not install everything regarded to

Don't want to supress your motivation and stuff, but there were already
efforts recently to produce a "Mandriva Studio"-called
linux-based professional audio workstation, mainly by Frank Kober
and Stéphane Téletchéa. Please have a look at this thread on cooker ml:

http://lists.mandriva.com/cooker/2010-04/msg00069.php

Seems more logical to join arms with him, as i think he also
wants to put efforts into mageia.

Regards