[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Frederic Janssens fjanss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:32:32 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 17:07, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> Le mardi 14 décembre 2010 à 17:05 +0100, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> > I would like to have your input to let us able to provide a bugzilla really soon
>
> So if I am not wrong, in bugzilla, we have :
> - products
> - component, contained in products
> - and various field, per bug,
>
> and the way we organize everything will impact the layout.

Yes.

In preparation of the future interaction (by xmlrpc) between the
mageia-app-db site and the mageia bugzilla,  I have been testing
http://bugs.mageia.org/ .
Xmlrpc works, but it will be necessary to configure additional fields.
The minimum would be to add an 'RPM Package' field (such as exists on
https://qa.mandriva.com/).

But, as the configuration must be modified anyway, I have been
thinking about what fields we need.

First I think it would be usefull to have a multiline (Large Text Box)
'RPM Packages' field, instead of a single line (Free Text) field as
used by mandriva.
A single bug can concern more than one rpm. One thing mageia-app-db
will do is search all bugs affecting an rpm. For that search to be
meaningfull all affected rpms should be mentioned.
For the same reason, the way the rpms are mentioned should be 'standardised',
as the search done by bugzilla can only be litteral.

Something that does not exist in mandriva, but I think would be usefull, is a
'Fixed RPM Packages' that would be filled when the bug is fixed. FIXED
is great, but where (or since which rpm)?

Perhaps also an 'Upstream' field which would, eventually, indicate
where that bug is filed upstream.

Finally the "status whiteboard" could be enabled, and used to clearly
explain a workaround, for open bugs (instead of having to figure it
from the comments). (Eventually this field could also be used as the
'Fixed RPM Packages' field when the bug is closed. So it would be the
'Solution' field)

Apart from the "status whiteboard" which is a parameter to enable
(http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/en/html/parameters.html);
the fields must be added as custom-fields
(http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.6/en/html/custom-fields.html)

--

Frederic