[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Frederic Janssens fjanss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:55:02 CET 2010

On 2010-12-22, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 22 décembre 2010 à 00:32 +0100, Frederic Janssens a écrit :

>> > So if I am not wrong, in bugzilla, we have :
>> > - products
>> > - component, contained in products
>> > - and various field, per bug,
>> >
>> > and the way we organize everything will impact the layout.
>> >

>> Yes.
>>
>> In preparation of the future interaction (by xmlrpc) between the
>> mageia-app-db site and the mageia bugzilla,  I have been testing
>> http://bugs.mageia.org/ .
>> Xmlrpc works, but it will be necessary to configure additional fields.
>> The minimum would be to add an 'RPM Package' field (such as exists on
>> https://qa.mandriva.com/).
>
> What about component not related to rpm ?

The 'RPM Package' field would be left blank.
(usually many fields are left blank)

> And do you mean srpm or rpm ?

On https://qa.mandriva.com/ anything goes.
To permit consistent searches I think we should standardise.
The aim would to be to as specific as needed but not more;
as far as I know that would be :

name-version-release

unless the bug is architecture specific, where we would have :

name-version-release.architecture

> We should also take in account package naming change.

which change?

--

Frederic