[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:08:42 CET 2010

On 14 December 2010 18:05, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> now that we have a working bugzilla we need to have a working layout.
>
> i created a wiki page presenting what could be done.
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bugzilla
>
> I would like to have your input to let us able to provide a bugzilla really soon
>

> In the bugreport creation we were thinking of using the mdv way or the
> fedora way.
>

> Fedora way is to add all srpms in the componment field but there is 2
> pbs with this way :
>
> -> Users don't know what is a rpms ( like what is the srpms for kwrite )
> -> This slow down the bugzilla too much

I am most familiar with the layout at qa.mandriva.com, so I think it's
good to start with it and modify things as needed.

- I think we should have two 'Products' (for now), Mageia and Websites.

- Under the 'Product: Mageia' the Version field (1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
Cauldron... etc) specifies the release the bug report affects (with a
whiteboard field to state if the bug affects more than one release (at
least for now)).

- The Components should be:
  - Documentation
  - Installation
  - RPM packages
  - New Packages requests
  - Release Media
  - Security
  - Translations

Note that I dropped:
 - Kernel, as it's just still an rpm package and will be assigned
properly based on the RPM Package field
 - Hardware, we won't fix bugs in hardware, we'll fix bugs in the
software handling the hardware (and it was seldom used in the past
anyway)

- An "Architecture" field

- Source RPM / RPM Package

- Url field, for putting links to upstream bug reports in a clear place

- Summary

- Description

- Severity and Priority fields

See here for a picture of what I have in mind:
https://qa.mandriva.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mandriva%20Linux&format=guided

--
Ahmad Samir