[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Dec 22 22:30:00 CET 2010

Dexter Morgan a écrit :

> hello,
>
> now that we have a working bugzilla we need to have a working layout.
>
> i created a wiki page presenting what could be done.
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bugzilla
>
> I would like to have your input to let us able to provide a bugzilla really soon
>

> In the bugreport creation we were thinking of using the mdv way or the
> fedora way.
>

> Fedora way is to add all srpms in the componment field but there is 2
> pbs with this way :
>
> ->  Users don't know what is a rpms ( like what is the srpms for kwrite )
> ->  This slow down the bugzilla too much

Reaction from an end-user that has filed/commented/viewed a lot of bug
reports.

- I like the idea of separating
-- main bug reports.
All releases together.  A lot of end-users are not very aware of the
version/release of the software with the bug until they are well into
the reporting process.  So selecting the release would be better delayed
to the bug report entry page.
Plus the idea of eventually having bugs applying to multiple releases
(mentioned on another post) sounds good, as well.

-- documentation
Tends to be reported/corrected by different people than software bugs.

-- localisation (maybe combined with documentation ?)
Also tends to be reported by different people than software bugs, and
corrected by translators.

-- cauldron

- Better to avoid listing .srpm's.  Most end-users filing bug reports
have no idea what they are.  So no point in slowing down bugzilla for that.
And from the .rpm, packagers/developers will be able to find the .srpm
quickly enough.

- The idea of a multiline .rpm field (mentioned on another post) seems
an excellent idea.  Better to list all related .rpm's in one location
than putting additional .rpms into the description and/or comment
fields.  (Not only for mageia-app-db.)

my 2 cents :)