[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Dec 23 21:27:09 CET 2010

Le jeudi 23 décembre 2010 20:51:21, Michael scherer a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:43:23AM +0100, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> >
> > We can guess many things automatically, provided the information is of
> > good quality (the RPM/SRPM field always has a complete filename in it,
> > and all affected versions of the distribution are flagged, whatever the
> > way used for that : multivalue field when it'll be possible, whiteboard
> > meanwhile...).
> >
> > For those who don't wan't to read everything, example 1 may be enough,
> > I'm just trying to cover several cases, not that every case brings
> > something really important to the discussion. My point in those examples
> > is that we can provide useful information regarding bugs on packages in
> > software managers or mageia-app-db, but that depends on the information
> > present in the bug reports, that's what I'd like this to be taken into
> > account in bug handling processes.
>
> What about using the changelog for signalling what bug
> have been closed ?
>
> Something like what is done by debian
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-bugfix

That's interesting, indeed, even if I think we are more interested in what
bugs are still open rather than in what packages it was present previously.

The main reason for that is that we only have the latests versions in the
repositories. Knowing which bugs they don't have anymore seems less important
than knowing which bugs they have now, but I may be wrong about this specific
user need.

However I keep your suggestion somewhere in my mind :)

Regards

Samuel Verschelde