[Mageia-dev] new samba-squid subpackage proporsal

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Aug 2 17:04:41 CEST 2011

On Monday, 1 August 2011 22:34:55 Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> Le Lundi 01 Août 2011 12:36:47 Buchan Milne a écrit :
> > On Friday, 29 July 2011 20:52:14 Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> > > Helow
> > >
> > > Specially tu buchan, in my experince, when trying to making work a
> > > Squid with an ugly wik2k8 we realize that the squid helper is not
> > > working.
> >
> > I had no problems with this in providing one of the two sets of squid
> > proxy servers that had a role in presenting the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
> > (The other set of proxies used Basic authentication against OpenLDAP).
> >
> > > After doing research we realize that samba has a helper that works
> >
> > You mean ntlm_auth, which has been in samba-common for years, and works
> > with Squid, Apache and FreeRADIUS ?
> >
> > > , i was
> > > wondering if you can do a subpackage of that helper so the squid may do
> > > suggests to that only.
> >
> > I need more details ... so far this sounds like a question, not a
> > proposal.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Buchan
>
> Yes, itis a prposal
>
> if you can add a subpackage like
>
> samba-helpers inwher eyou place tthe ntlm_auth and others from samba
> and i then do a suggest from squid to ask for them

Samba-common is the right package for this. I see no need to have a squid-
specific subpackage (and then samba-apache, samba-freeradius, with the same
content, or all virtual packages just pulling samba-common).

Feel free to mess up your squid package by adding suggests on samba-common,
but since installing the right package is trivially solved by the admin and is
a small portion of the work required, I would personally prefer not to
increase the default footprint of any installation that pulls in squid.

Regards,
Buchan