[Mageia-dev] new samba-squid subpackage proporsal

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz dlucio at okay.com.mx
Wed Aug 3 02:14:25 CEST 2011

Le Mardi 02 Août 2011 17:04:41 Buchan Milne a écrit :
> On Monday, 1 August 2011 22:34:55 Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:

> > > I had no problems with this in providing one of the two sets of
> > > squid
> > > proxy servers that had a role in presenting the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
> > > (The other set of proxies used Basic authentication against
> > > OpenLDAP).

> > > You mean ntlm_auth, which has been in samba-common for years, and
> > > works
> > > with Squid, Apache and FreeRADIUS ?

> > > I need more details ... so far this sounds like a question, not a
> > > proposal.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Buchan
> >
> > Yes, itis a prposal
> >
> > if you can add a subpackage like
> >
> > samba-helpers inwher eyou place tthe ntlm_auth and others from samba
> > and i then do a suggest from squid to ask for them
>
> Samba-common is the right package for this. I see no need to have a squid-
> specific subpackage (and then samba-apache, samba-freeradius, with the same
> content, or all virtual packages just pulling samba-common).
>
> Feel free to mess up your squid package by adding suggests on samba-common,
> but since installing the right package is trivially solved by the admin and
> is a small portion of the work required, I would personally prefer not to
> increase the default footprint of any installation that pulls in squid.
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

I got your point.  Just that from my poing of view not a squid admin must know
samba package and it is quite difficult to figure it out that ntml_auth helper
for squid (the one that works with ntlm2) is in samba-commong package.

Also that when you install samba-common you are carrying other rpms because
dependencis thats why i was asking you to place a samba-squid subpackage

LD