[Mageia-dev] Audio Warning: New PulseAudio test release on the way....

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 3 12:29:10 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 03/08/11 11:11 did gyre and gimble:
> 在 Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:01:42 +0800, Colin Guthrie
> <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>寫道:
>
>> 'Twas brillig, and Kira at 03/08/11 10:34 did gyre and gimble:
>>> but unusable after reboot
>>
>> Hmm, OK, did you install everything? Or were some packages kept. You'll
>> have to remove e.g. padevchooser (if it's left over from a previous
>> Mandriva install - we don't provide it in Mga) and libpulsebrowse
>> package as these have been deprecated.
> It's a clean system updated ever since Mageia 1 alpha 1..:)
>

>> Can you provide the output of:
>>
>>  PULSE_LOG=99 pactl stat
>
> Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each total
> size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65472
> Trying to connect to
> home/kira/.pulse/e6367bf3d9d..(whatever)-runtime/native...
> SHM possible: yes Protocol version: remote 23, local 23
> Negotiated SHM: yes Currently in use: 1 blocks containing 63.9 KiB bytes
> total.
> Allocated during whole lifetime: 49 blocks containing 2.4 MiB bytes total.
> 取樣快取大小:0B

Worrying!

Is this localized at all? If so what language?

>> and (if it works)
>>
>>  pacmd list
> In the attachment.

While there are some strange characters in that output too (again on a
localised string), it also shows that it's using an auto-null sink.

This happens when we cannot open the real sound h/w

Can you supply:

sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/*

and

pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio -vvvvv

output? (for the second one, you may have to do:
echo "autospawn=no" >> ~/.pulse/client.conf
in order for it to actually start on the command line and not be
autospawned by something else!)

Cheers

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]