[Mageia-dev] RM replacement

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Aug 5 16:23:19 CEST 2011

Am 05.08.2011 14:58, schrieb andre999:
> Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>
>> I think srm should just be a tool people use explicitly when they want to.
>
> When I think about it, deleting with a pattern instead of just zeros is
> probably only advantageous when a disk is being disposed of -- in which case
> srm being a userspace tool is not a disadvantage.
>
>> Col

Well, if you want to dispose the disk, then i'd use something like Dariks Boot
and Nuke (DBAN):
http://www.dban.org/
It offers really secure methods of overwriting your data with varying patterns,
and if you want to dispose a whole disk. then maybe an userspace tool to delete
single
files is not the best suited tool, IMHO.