[Mageia-dev] Re : Re: new samba-squid subpackage proporsal

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Aug 6 20:20:39 CEST 2011

Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le vendredi 5 août 2011 21:19:06, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz a écrit :
>> Why condicional suggest?
>> All what i'm asking is ti do that subpackage and then i place
>> Suggests: samba-squid-helper
>> At squid's spec
>>
>> I don't get your point.
>>

> I don't see either the need for a conditional suggest, what I understood is :
> samba-common would require samba-squid-helper
> squid would suggest samba-squid-helper
>
> thus allowing squid to use the helpers without the need for the full samba-
> common package.
>
> Now, bgmilne seems to think that there's no need to split samba-common for
> that, for a reason that I haven't understood but maybe I don't know the
> subject enough to understand it.

Exactly how I understand it, as well.
At 50M, samba-common isn't tiny.

If there is reluctance to have a subpackage for squid alone, maybe a subpackage
which is a superset for all packages wanting approximately the same components ?

Possibly making this subpackage parallel to samba-common, created from the same
srcrpm, with mutual declared conflicts, so the subpackage is only installed if
samba-common isn't, and that those installing samba-common install a single
package.

Both seem better options than an independant samba-squid-helper package, which
would require mutual conflicts with samba-common.

Just some random ideas ...

> Best regards
>
> Samuel

Regards :)