[Mageia-dev] help packaging lilypond

Jani Välimaa jani.valimaa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:03:17 CEST 2011

2011/8/10 Jani Välimaa <jani.valimaa at gmail.com>:
> 2011/8/10 Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com>:
>> Thanks for fixing the spec file and submit the package.
>> I have a comment and a few questions. First the comment.
>> an experienced packager telling someone like me (and others not so experienced
>> packagers)  why the package build failed that built just a few month ago would
>> have helped learning how to fix things. Now the package is built and I still
>> don't know what the error message meant.
>
> The build failed because now there are some checks which prevents
> uploading "erroneus" packages. Check for empty %post and %preun is one
> of those added checks. There's no such macro as %update_scrollkeeper
> (or  %clean_scrollkeeper) so that's why your build failed. See 'rpm
> --eval %update_scrollkeeper'
>

>> why can the scrollkeepr script be removed as not required when it was required
>> not so long ago and other distributions use it too. It supposed to be there if
>> you have omf files, and yes lilypond-doc has such files
>>

> It was me who removed the scrollkeeper reqs as I only looked at %files
> section and noticed there was no %{_datadir}/omf/ entry. The
> filetriggers looks

Oopsie, somehow managed to push the send button.. Anyways, the
filetriggers only looks .omf files from /usr/share/omf/ and now after
checking I see in lilypond they're hiding in somewhere else and out of
filetriggers reach. I think the fix would be moving them to a correct
place to be "available" for filetriggers (and add back reqs I
removed).