[Mageia-dev] Planning next meeting

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Aug 19 20:27:33 CEST 2011

Am 19.08.2011 19:48, schrieb Shlomi Fish:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:21:22 +0200
> Anne nicolas<ennael at mageia.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> Back online. We are planning our next meeting for 24th of august, 19h
>> UTC on #mageia-dev. In between we will work on some burning subjects
>> (backports incis meetiluded) so that we can take final decisions
>> during this meeting.
>>
>> As usual and as it's a long time we did not have any meeting, you can
>> propose some topics to be added. We will need a review on current
>> mentoring (André ?) and secteam (Stew ?).
>>
> Well, one thing that had bitten me twice is that with my ATI Radeon HD cards,
> the Mageia installations from the dual CD were unusable on two computers
> I tried due to the lack of the "radeon-firmware" package. After I installed
> that package, and  rebuilt the initrds, then the problems were solved. Still,
> it didn't look good at all.
>
> Is this fact peculiar to the dual CD, and is better in the DVDs or do we not
> use radeon-firmeware by default globally? I'd like this discussed in the next
> meeting.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish

I'd like to add another thing to the meeting topics:
The discussion about non-free / tainted, which lasted really long,
but AFAICS there is no concensus or decision, and the discussion
has effectively reached a standstill. My tries to get this going again have not
succeeded so far.

For reference, have a look at those:
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-July/006382.html
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-July/007001.html

For some people the situation seems really clear, also to me,
this viewpoint is what tmb expressed in his mail:
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-July/006560.html

But in the end we need a definitive decision.