[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Deprecate draknetcenter+network init scripts after systemd becomes default.

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Aug 22 14:14:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:44:01AM -0300, Balcaen John wrote:
> Le Monday 22 August 2011 12:57:23 Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> > On 22/08/2011 11:57, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > > I also have it on good authority that many of the features lacking
> > > in NetworkManager (such as bridging configuration) will be
> > > available in the not too distant future and many other more
> > > advanced networking features such as fast-start DHCP,
> > > per-interface DNS, 4-8's DNS fallback and several other nice
> > > features will ultimately be possible too.
> > While I don't care about configuration wizards, I do about
> > initscripts. How are you supposed to configure a server in some
> > automated manner without plain-old configuration files ?
> If i'm not wrong you can still drop plain text files in
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/

Provided you want to do nothing fancy like bridge, vlan and
others stuff that are used by sysadmins.

And provided of course that you do not care about breaking upgrade
path.

I would personnaly not move until Fedora at least did for some
releases. We are not here to experiment on our users, they are not
guinea pigs.
--
Michael Scherer