[Mageia-dev] Suggest summary documentation of Mageia perl routines

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Aug 23 00:02:35 CEST 2011

A post by jquelin reminded me of something that would be nice to see, for
potential contributors to Mageia code (like myself).

It would be useful to have brief documentation for Mageia perl routines, which
would describe the inputs required (function, range of values, etc) and the
purpose of each routine.
This would be good to have in a separate document, so (potential) hackers could
have an overview of the various routines and their functions.  I know that with
time one can learn this, but it would provide a quickstart for those who would
like to contribute to the drak* tools for example.  A simple text file would
suffice, since that would give the flexibility to put it wherever wanted on the
screen while examining other perl code which uses these routines.

I'm talking about a concise programmer's guide, and not something suitable for
end-users.  And not something describing the perl language itself, for which
there are plenty of references.

This could be done with python as well.  I mention perl since that is what most
of the drak* tools are written in.

--
André