[Mageia-dev] [134638] - clean spec

grenoya grenoya at zarb.org
Tue Aug 23 16:23:06 CEST 2011

Le 23/08/11 15:44, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 21 August 2011 15:44, Colin Guthrie<mageia at colin.guthr.ie>  wrote:
>> I do have to wonder why those macros are used... it seems quite trivial
>> to use the actual commands directly and that ultimately increases
>> portability (which maybe isn't a major concern, but all the same)
>>
>> What are the general thoughts on this?
>
> As a 12+ years maintainer of mdv/mdv/mga, I think most spec don't use those.
> They don't bring anything anyway.
> If only, we could standardize on the most usefull macros between distro at first
> (eg %make vs make %{?_smp_mflags})

'%foo' commands are wrappers.
Like '%make' is a wrapper for "make -j4" (parralel compilation on 4 nodes)
It can be quicker to build with the command, but in some cases (I met
some) it brakes the build.

 From my point of view (I am not packager since long) commands are great
tools, it eases our work a lot :)
So I agree with Tv: we should use them every time it is possible. At
least the most commons.

Claire