[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Deprecate draknetcenter+network init scripts after systemd becomes default.

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Aug 23 17:15:44 CEST 2011

Le mardi 23 août 2011 à 15:28 +0200, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

> What's more gaining 20s on a server when the IBM uefi/firmware take *minutes* to
> setup the machine is worthless.
> On the server side, we still manage RHEL networking through old style
> ifcfg* config files

Some people do actually use vms, where boot speed could be important if
created on demand ( and where the reactivity would warrant something
more than "shell script", and where a better API to get interface
information wuld be nice ).

We can still have configuration in plain text file ( even if I
personally think that using shell based configuration is not the best
way to do that ), so there is some confusion.

--
Michael Scherer