[Mageia-dev] Fwd: [Mageia-discuss] PROPOSAL: so, you are already contributor, do you want to be maintainer?

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:35:23 CEST 2011

On 11/08/24 15:48 -0500, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> e) a top of 70 packages to maintain is a good limit for people, there is no
> sense people that maintains 500 packages. we call this single poing of
> failure.

i beg to differ:

    $ mgarepo maintdb get|grep jquelin|wc -l
    2505

i'm *really* updating those packages by myself, with the help of some
scripts (i blogged about magpie, and also posted here). and i'm not
aware of anyone really using perl for dev on mageia to object that i'm
doing a bad job...

now, kharec is joining me as perl stack maintainer, and i have
an apprentice willing to join perl maintainance fun as well. so i guess
it alleviates your spof argument...

jérôme