[Mageia-dev] cauldron core/release udev-173-1.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 25 16:33:09 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and D.Morgan at 25/08/11 15:22 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Mageia Team at 25/08/11 09:56 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Name        : udev                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
>>> Version     : 173                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
>>> Release     : 1.mga2                        Build Date: Thu Aug 25 10:54:41 2011
>>> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: jonund
>>> Group       : System/Configuration/Hardware   Source RPM: (none)
>>> Size        : 745928                           License: GPLv2
>>> Signature   : (none)
>>> Packager    : Mageia Team <http://www.mageia.org>
>>> URL         : ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug
>>> Summary     : A userspace implementation of devfs
>>> Description :
>>> Udev is an implementation of devfs/devfsd in userspace using sysfs and
>>> /sbin/hotplug. It requires a 2.6 kernel to run properly.
>>>
>>> Like devfs, udev dynamically creates and removes device nodes from /dev/.
>>> It responds to /sbin/hotplug device events.
>>>
>>> misc <misc> 173-1.mga2:
>>> + Revision: 135235
>>> - fix description ( rpmlint error )
>>>
>>>   + tv <tv>
>>>     - fix file list
>>>     - new release
>>>     - rediff patch 0
>>
>> So, with the new udev, it seems that udev-acl is removed. This is a step
>> towards systemd which now handles all the ACL application.
>>
>> Do we really want this new udev now? If so, then we really need to step
>> up the systemd integration. Things are mostly working fine for me
>> without udev-acls, but even with the systemd package as presently
>> available, I have to edit my /etc/pamd.d/system-auth file to include the
>> pam_systemd stuff - see my earlier message to this list about that.
>
> what about doing like fedora ?
>

> %post
> # Make sure pam_systemd is enabled
> if ! /bin/grep -q pam_systemd /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac ; then
>         /usr/sbin/authconfig --update --nostart >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>
>         # Try harder
>         /bin/grep -q pam_systemd /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac ||
> /usr/sbin/authconfig --updateall --nostart >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> fi

Yup that's what I asked in my last email about this several weeks ago.
I've pinged it up to get more discussion about the topic.

In the meantime I've re-enabled udev-acl in udev so we can delay the
breakage until things are properly decided.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]