[Mageia-dev] cauldron core/release udev-173-1.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Aug 26 00:47:42 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Michael Scherer at 25/08/11 20:29 did gyre and gimble:
> Le jeudi 25 août 2011 à 15:33 +0100, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> 'Twas brillig, and D.Morgan at 25/08/11 15:22 did gyre and gimble:

>>> what about doing like fedora ?
>>>

>>> %post
>>> # Make sure pam_systemd is enabled
>>> if ! /bin/grep -q pam_systemd /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac ; then
>>>         /usr/sbin/authconfig --update --nostart >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>>>
>>>         # Try harder
>>>         /bin/grep -q pam_systemd /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac ||
>>> /usr/sbin/authconfig --updateall --nostart >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>>> fi
>
> I think it may be easier to write a script around augeas than import
> authconfig, as I suspect that it would do much more change.

I'm not familiar with augeas... but this should be possible. Do the
tools we already have for e.g. configuring LDAP logins have routines for
editing the system-auth file perhaps?

>> Yup that's what I asked in my last email about this several weeks ago.
>> I've pinged it up to get more discussion about the topic.
>
> In fact, it was not clear that you asked a question in the mail :/

Hmm, I thought: "The question is, how should we handle this?" was a
pretty obvious question... I even used the word "question" :p :D

> We said that we would support booting without systemd-, so to me, this
> should be taken in account.

Yeah but I think using the "optional" word in pam config means that it's
quite safe even if systemd is not running, so I don't think this is an
issue.

That's why I suggested even just patching pam directly... but modifying
the file should also be possible as that what ldap auth configuration
does anyway, so it's no great shakes.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]