[Mageia-dev] [135989]

Marja van Waes mvw2011 at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 30 17:08:20 CEST 2011

Op 30-08-11 16:05, Florian Hubold schreef:
> Am 30.08.2011 15:57, schrieb Michael Scherer:
>>>>

>>> Guys, could you please chill down a bit?
>>> Seems this whole problem is about miscommunication
>>> and also about wrong attitude. Could you please discuss
>>> this first in private one-on-one, and if this is not sufficient
>>> then contact someone else to help you or in the worst
>>> case, contact the Council if you don't get this conflict solved?
>> They did discuss in private chat, and also contacted someone to step and
>> help.
>>

> Well an open discussion on a public mailing list raises awareness
> on the conflict, but will it help in solving it? IMHO not. So what now?

This open discussion might even make things worse, because it arouses
people and makes some people want to do something about the situation
which, without enough knowledge, is a dangerous thing to do (Alas! I did
send mails to Zé and Mikala, trying to help but probably doing the
opposite).

At the same time, I think a hidden conflict does more harm than one
everybody knows about.

Besides, I think it is good to be aware that conflicts do arise, and
even arise in wonderful environments where a lot of nice people are
committing themselves to a great purpose without any financial profit in
return.

What do you think about making a how-to about how to prevent conflicts?
Or a check list for steps to be taken when a conflict does arise? There
must be a lot of knowledge on these subjects within the Mageia
community. Most of us, if not all, have prevented and solved conflicts,
we only need to share our experience and knowledge.