[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Fri Jul 1 00:42:45 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 19:34, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU
<beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>wrote:

> This is making me crazy. After upgrading to KDE 4.6.90 (cauldron, of
> course), the bloody m*f*er kded4 (the worse idea in KDE4) constantly takes
> 55-75% CPU.
>
> Of course, killing it is possible, but this affects the plasmoids. (E.g. it
> made me inadvertently filling an invalid bug report 1981, which disappeared
> once I let kded4 live.)

The solution which worked most of the time for such issues in kde 4.6.xx
was:
1. open a terminal
2. run killall plasma-desktop
3. plasma-desktop

the plasmoids and the desktop come back, and kded4 stops using that much
CPU.

Last time I looked what it was looking CPU at, it was caused by some
run-away timer loop deep in kdelibs, but as those issues are quite random I
haven't figured out what exactly causes this.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/