[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Fri Jul 1 02:14:43 CEST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011 15:34:50 Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> This is making me crazy. After upgrading to KDE 4.6.90 (cauldron, of
> course), the bloody m*f*er kded4 (the worse idea in KDE4) constantly takes
> 55-75% CPU.

> Of course, killing it is possible, but this affects the plasmoids. (E.g. it
> made me inadvertently filling an invalid bug report 1981, which disappeared
> once I let kded4 live.)

> Really, isn't anybody experiencing high CPU from kded4?
Nop you're not the only one.
However here  killing this process does not seems to affect my plasmoids.
It could be an upstream bug but it would be nice to narrow it.
@ first i was looking @ the nm applet, but a fresh install (by dropping all
package & only install the minimum aka kmail, dolphin,kdebase4-workspace)
does not fix the problem
 (there's an upstream bug related to kded with networkmanagement  kde #220047)

> (This is making me crazy. Otherwise, I'll tell you some day about a
> bug/crash that was *accidentally* fixed by KDE 4.6.90.)

Which one ? ;o)

--
Balcaen John
Jabber ID: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net