[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:05:37 CEST 2011

2011/7/2 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:
> On Saturday 02 July 2011 09:45:15 Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> [...]
>> Did that (after installing all updates up to 07:00 UTC), no signs of
>> any I/O activity other than the usual. Still, one of the 4 cores is on
>> full load. What strikes me here is:
>>  - on a CPU with 1 core, this is fully loaded
>>  - on a dual core CPU only 1 core is loaded
>>  - on a quadcore CPU only 1 core is loaded.
>>
>> So, whatever it is, it affects only one CPU core no matter how many
>> cores the CPU offers.
> Kded is not taking 100% of one core here since the ntrack update.
> Did you try eventually to unload modules from kcmshell4 kcmkded  ?
> (especially the Network Status module which should be related to the ntrack
> process)

No, I did not alter anything. ATM I do not work with Cauldron, I only
do the updates and watch.
Except for such special cases, where I do something to give output to you :)

I'm using gkrellm as "rough" information, so I know that in my i3 CPU
only one core is affected (which changes from one core to another
occasionally)

As kmail crashes right at the start (reproducible) and takes the whole
kontact down with it, I couldn't use the system anyway.

--
wobo