[Mageia-dev] Mageia Cauldron: Bad RPM's while update via urpmi

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Jul 2 18:05:36 CEST 2011

David Walser a écrit :
> Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> This explains it!
>> Change the mirror, you are using ibiblio which has been reported
>> numerous times in the forum and the mailing lists to be syncing very
>> badly.
>
> I don't know about badly, but I found it to be a little bit behind.
>
>> If you are located in north america, use mirrors.kernel.org which is
>> fast and reliable.
>
> Has anyone had success using rsync with mirrors.kernel.org?  When I tried it, the path to mageia kept toggling between mirrors/pub/mageia and
> mirrors/pub/pub/mageia every time I used it.  It's like it's behind a load balancer where one of the machines behind it has the wrong rsync
> path configured.

I just checked.  I think that they haven't finished setting up the mirror.
- They don't list Mageia in the sites they mirror.
- Mageia's ftp and html links for them don't work.
- It is the only rsync mirror in Mageia's list that doesn't list their bandwidth
nor their source.

You could try mageia.c3sl.ufpr.br (in Brazil), which is one of the faster rsync
mirrors.
My mirror in Canada uses it.

--
André