[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 3 21:40:53 CEST 2011

It looks like the kded4 high-CPU is _not_ related to any of the following modules:

bluedevil
desktopnotifier
device_automounter
dnssdwatcher
favicons
freespacenotifier
keyboard
khotkeys
kmixd
ksvnd
ktimezoned
kwrited
networkstatus
obexftpdaemon
powerdevil
randrmonitor
remotedirnotify
solidautoeject
statusnotifierwatcher

I have used "qdbus org.kde.kded /kded unloadModule" to unload, one by one, each and every module, until "qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadedModules" listed nothing.

So even with no loaded module, kded4 is taking too much CPU.

Is kded4 broken? How come there is no upstream report about kded4's high CPU usage?

I started to lose my confidence in the IQ of the Linux users...

R-C aka beranger