[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 3 23:24:55 CEST 2011

>So you should disable all kded modules (from systemsettings), then log off
>(or even restart to be sure no process is left running) then log back on. If
>you still get high CPU from kded then ths problem is in kded itself, if not
>you can start loading the modules one by one (waiting long enough between
>each) to identify which one will start eating the CPU.

I did that.

Unfortunately, I cannot stop from the KDE Services Configuration dialog:
favicons

Also, no matter I have disabled _all_ the Startup Services in KDE, the following are automatically started:
networkstatus
desktopnotifier
ktimezoned

So these are the 4 services whose modules I can only unload using qdbus.

But if I unload them and kill kded4, not only I can't find ant process whose name suggests that any of them would be running, but also the CPU usage drops to 2-3%.

Restarting kded4 automatically loads networkstatus... and the CPU goes mad!

Is networkstatus the culprit?

R-C aka beranger