[Mageia-dev] How to add package into backports_testing

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jul 4 19:34:15 CEST 2011

Le lundi 04 juillet 2011 à 09:15 +0200, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le samedi 2 juillet 2011 22:23:09, Damien Lallement a écrit :

> > > But as there was no get-skype for mageia 1  iirc we can push it on
> > > testing_updates
> >
> > Not sur it will be good... All the non present packages in Mageia 1 I
> > added after a bug request were added to backports_testing (as asked by
> > boklm and you dmorgan ;)).
>
> It would be good to clarify the situation because I've got a lot of new
> packages to push to Mageia 1 and I haven't done it yet because I still don't
> know if I must send them to updates_testing (as was agreed as a special case
> for Mageia 1) or backports_testing (seeing that new packages were already sent
> there), seing both being done at the moment, and the discussion about backport
> policy being not finished yet.

If :
- a package was present in Mandriva 2010.1/2 ( and only in Mandriva, not
in 3rd party repository, not cooker ), and
- is not present in Mageia 1 ( */release or updates ),
and
- caused a problem to a user preventing his upgrade,

then :
- we can push it as a update ( ie, follow the QA , etc )

Subsequent updates are subjected to the same rule as usual ( ie,
backports, unless that's a upgrade following the update policy ).

--
Michael Scherer