[Mageia-dev] How to add package into backports_testing

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Tue Jul 5 01:15:52 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 16:57, Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>wrote:

> Op maandag 04 juli 2011 20:31:41 schreef Dexter Morgan:
> > On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Maarten Vanraes
> >
> > <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But skype was available for PWP, which i have.
> >
> > read again what misc wrote :
> >
> > - a package was present in Mandriva 2010.1/2 ( and only in Mandriva, not
> > in 3rd party repository, not cooker )
> >
> > skype wasn't in main nor contrib
>
> yes, again...
>
> it was in PWP (ie: the powerpack version? which _IS_ from mandriva? which
> had
> a _restricted_ repository? _not_ 3rd party???
>
> i don't see where i'm misreading anything here...

Perhaps Anne could clarify it better than I, but I think that you are
misreading the part that Powerpack is/was part of Mandriva distribution.
Powerpack media is *not* part of Mandriva distribution, it is a separate
3rd-party media (which happens to come from same company, but it is not part
of Mandriva distribution), with access allowed only to paying customers,
which is not shared with the Mandriva distribution.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/