[Mageia-dev] Looking for victim^w^wvolunteer for Texlive package

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 6 15:33:11 CEST 2011

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Kira wrote:

> 在 Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:09:30 +0800, Anne nicolas <ennael at mageia.org>寫道:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> Here is an interesting topic :).Texlive is one of the biggest package
>> we have for now. Of course split is needed but we postponed it after
>> Mageia 1 to have a look on it. Now here we go!
>>
>> It needs first to have a look on the way we want to split it, Fedora
>> one (zillions of sub-packages) or our own one based on the wau
>> different components are used.
>>
>> Comments, proposals welcome
>>

> First: Which version? Texlive 2007 or later ones build on luaTex?
>
> I have heard that after 2008, building texlive is almost impossible....

Texlive 2010 is already available in mageia, so I believe this is about
improving the existing package(s). That consists mostly of splitting up
texlive-texmf(?), but maybe also adding a dependency on a minimal set of
fonts to texlive. Currently the texmf subpackage can be removed while most
of the programs in the texlive package are probably useless without fonts.

     Christiaan