[Mageia-dev] Updates process is now available

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Jul 7 14:42:18 CEST 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Damien Lallement wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> security, qa and sysadmin team worked on the qa/updates process to provide
> updates as soon as possible.
> All is now ready (boklm is finalizing a scrip to move updates from
> "testing" to "updates"). This script will be uses by security team members
> and a few QA people to push updates.
>
> You can now read:
> - http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy
> - http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=qa_updates

I have some questions about updates process :

The page says to assign bug after validation :
Assign the bug to security at groups.mageia.org if it's a security update
(check that qa-bugs at ml.mageia.org is in 'CC')
Let it assigned to qa-bugs at ml.mageia.org if it's a standard update

Is it usefull to assign differently for security and non-security
updates ?

Could we add a keyword "validated_update" to bugs that are ready to be
moved to updates, so they can be found easily ?