[Mageia-dev] PPA-like repos

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Thu Jul 7 22:50:35 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

don't know if it was discussed previously, but I could not find it in the
archives.

Are there some plans for any kind of ppa-like repos in Mageia/BS? There are
some cases where they could be useful. One special case which comes to mind
is wayland packaging - I was discussing with Florian Hubold about it, and
the trick about them is that:
 - they require latest xorg stuff from git
 - they require latest mesa from git
 - they require latest libxkbcommon from git
 - they require latest pixman from git

and it is, well, madness to provide such versions in main repositories.

However, it would be a nice case for providing them in some sort of private
branch (like for example people.mageia.org/<branch>/ or something), using
the same BS infrastructure (iurt/jurt) to compile them and generate hdlists
automatically.

I did some custom scripts to do this task, but before reinventing the wheel
for either mandriva or mageia BS, perhaps there is something already planned
in this sense...

Cheers,

--
Eugeni Dodonov