[Mageia-dev] Updates testing

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 06:22:38 CEST 2011

On 7 July 2011 22:04, philippe makowski <makowski.mageia at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/7/7 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
>> Yes, for the test about the bug fixed. But isn't there tests to check for
>> regressions ?
> when you push a new minor version (only bugfix) for softwares like
> LibreOffice, Postgresql or Firebird for example, will the Mageia QA
> team run tests for regression and for all bug fixed ?
> whaaaa !

IMHO, for big packages like libreoffice, we'll have to rely on the
free-cost-daily-usage QA, i.e. pushing it to Cauldron users for
1-2month, and waiting till the dust settles before pushing to older
stable releases.

The interesting part about packages like libreoffice, is they're
multi-purpose, so there's no easy way to make sure every functionality
works(tm), other than actually letting testes/cauldron-users use it.

--
Ahmad Samir