[Mageia-dev] Mageia educational - part 2

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Jul 8 12:03:32 CEST 2011

Hi folks,
thanks to mamming we've improved our wiki page [1].
It's always work in progress of course, new project entries
and movement from to be packaged to package are
always welcome :D

Let's talk about what to do now, two main steps are:

* add missing educational programs
* group educational programs in specialized meta-packages

For the first step every packagers, or padawans are welcome.
stblack, pasmatt (matteo) and I will start working asap.

Latter instead is a little bit complex, in that page there
are projects like monodevelop, blander... that are not
easy to group in.

IMO we could have three starting meta-packages at the moment
focused on students age -maybe on their related teacher as
well- something like:
pre-school       <6 y.o.
primary-school   6-10 y.o
secondary-school 10-14 y.o

I can't see how to group for people over (high school?)
since in Italy for instance we have different kind of
school addresses e.g. technical in computer science, in chemical, etc...

Then another issue could be the desktop, or better, installing things
either for qt or gtk for instance.
And is it right to install more than one project doing similar things?
Should we/Are we able to decide which is the "best" to be included in the
meta-package?

What do you think about this subject?

Cheers,
	Angelo