[Mageia-dev] [RFC] Update to gnome 31

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Mon Jul 11 00:46:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:50:43 +0200, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/7/1 JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com>:
> >
> > On 2011.07.01, at 14:42, Dexter Morgan wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>

> >> As gnome 3.2 will be available on october ( and in mageia 2 ) we will
> >> start to update now to gnome 3.1 to be able to report as many issues
> >> as possible upstream.
> >
> > Nice!!
> > I have some questions in my queue, but will wait till new packages are
> > there so they get solved automagically ;)
>
> i hope so :)

Well, I had no luck...

Some things that crash, I will try to find info and submit proper bug
reports:

- gdm crashed if I push down the power menu on the right top. Just press
  the icon, see the menu down and wait for the crash...
- gnome-settings-daemon crashes both for gdm and for the normal user
- the (in) famous BSOD ("Oh, no! Something has gone wrong"), that I
  relate to:
  one:~> grep register .xses*rs
  gnome-session[15939]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-shell.desktop' failed to register before timeout

I can post full .xsession-errors if you find usefoull.

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \                 Winter is coming...