[Mageia-dev] Generic 64-bit building question

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Wed Jul 13 11:25:00 CEST 2011

13.07.2011 12:17, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU kirjutas:

> Indeed, libmagick-devel, libwmf-devel, libchm-devel, libpoppler-qt4-devel, etc. do expand/match/find_provides correctly on 64-bit too!
>
> But then *why* some names have to be written as:
> qt4-devel and *not* libqt4-devel
> python-devel and *not* libpython-devel
> ?
> Isn't this an inconsistency?
That's why there was discussion started, some time ago, in this list, to
create devel packages so that they will provide %{name}-devel and
lib%{name}-deve.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.devel/6365
> Moreover, excuse me, but I find it stupid to have a 64-bit lib called `libksane-devel`.
This is devel package, not library itself, so it's OK.

--
Sander