[Mageia-dev] [Mageia 2 specifications] Systemd or not systemd

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 15 12:01:46 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Eugeni Dodonov at 14/07/11 23:40 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 18:26, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie
> <mailto:mageia at colin.guthr.ie>> wrote:
>
>     > Systemd 30 is out, with lots of nice changes, so I think we should use
>     > it now as we are quite early in the release cycle. It is working on my
>     > machine, but before doing something about it, I prefer to hear
>     opinions :).
>
>     >
>     Well, IMO (for what it matters) I'm massive for using it ASAP!
>

> Ok, systemd 30 is in svn, and (apparently) working, at least on my machine.
>
> However, as I will have a limited Internet connection between tomorrow
> and next week, I am not feeling that safe to send it to cooker. So if
> someone (colin?) would be able to do some additional testing with it
> before submitting, it would be great :).

OK, I tried to compile it up locally, but it didn't build:

checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
config.status: executing po/stamp-it commands
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-syslog-service

        systemd 30

        SysV compatibility:      yes
        SysV init scripts:       /etc/rc.d/init.d
        SysV rc?.d directories:  /etc/rc.d
        Gtk:                     yes
        libcryptsetup:           no
        tcpwrap:                 yes
        PAM:                     yes
        AUDIT:                   yes
        SELinux:                 no
        ACL:                     yes
        binfmt:                  yes
        plymouth:                yes
        prefix:                  /usr
        root dir:
        udev rules dir:          /lib/udev/rules.d
        pam modules dir:         /lib/../lib64/security
        dbus policy dir:         /etc/dbus-1/system.d
        dbus session dir:        /usr/share/dbus-1/services
        dbus system dir:
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/../system-services
        dbus interfaces dir:     /usr/share/dbus-1/services/../interfaces

+ make -j2
Makefile:7228: *** missing separator.  Stop.
error: Bad exit status from /home/colin/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.vn9NeJ (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/colin/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.vn9NeJ (%build)

This appears to be the result of some tab/spaces mixup in the
Makefile.am patch, so I've fixed that up.

Next problem as a TARGET_MANDRIVA define rather than a TARGET_MAGEIA one
(easily done), so I tweaked that too.

Then there was a syntax error with an #ifndef line in service.c so fixed
that up.

Now that it's compiled, I need to test it :D

(I've pushed the updated patch back to SVN, but you probably want to
update your git checkout before regenerating and posting the patch upstream)

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]