[Mageia-dev] [Mageia 2 specifications] Systemd or not systemd

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Sat Jul 16 03:49:51 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 21:53, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> Option 2 for Mageia 2, and option 3 for Mageia 3.
>
> People on Fedora list were quite reluctant to changes ( to say the least
> ), and I am pretty sure that someone will hit a unrelated corner case in
> the last minute. Rtp was not really fond of systemd on arm and embedded
> system either.

Ok, so we all agree :).

Actually, I'd prefer to keep option 2 for mga2 onwards, and return to this
discussion before mga3. On further thinking, there are some cases where
initscripts could be preferred to systemd, so better not considering killing
them at all.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/