[Mageia-dev] new mgarepo version

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sat Jul 16 11:36:38 CEST 2011

Le samedi 16 juillet 2011 03:02:21, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le mercredi 13 juillet 2011 à 12:11 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :

> > > I used in in Mageia 1 using the package in updates_testing and it works
> > > well.
> >
> > Ok, it's moved to updates now.
>
> Wasn't it against the policy ( ie, this is neither a bugfix, this is a
> version update, providing feature ) ?

Strictly speaking, maybe, but the policy says "Things are not set in stone,
but we need a policy to move ahead with releasing updates for mga1, and we can
refine the process as we find issues/shortcomings.", and I think this is one of
the cases where we can allow updates, to ease packager's work. We could add
"updates of mageia distribution building tools are allowed to ensure that
packagers using stable releases have the same tools than those using cauldron"

What do you think ?

Samuel