[Mageia-dev] kernel 3.0 is a big mistake in cauldron

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Sat Jul 16 12:52:52 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 07:47, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU
<beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>wrote:

> this 3.0 kernel is a piece of crap. my acer laptop behaves hectically (now
> I have a mouse, now it's frozen, now the system claims it will reboot, now I
> have to press the power button for 5 seconds to shutdown it), bcm4311
> doesn't work even with the correct firmware in /lib/firmware/b43, a
> fully-fledged pita.

My acer laptops are having a completely different experience with it, they
just work (acer timelinex 4820, acer aspire one d450, acer travelmate T4100
and acer travelmate C312XMi - yes, I have a nice acer collection with me
:)).

So at least for me, kernel 3.0 is a huge win!

--
Eugeni Dodonov
http://eugeni.dodonov.net/