[Mageia-dev] kernel 3.0 is a big mistake in cauldron

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 16 13:55:11 CEST 2011

>On my machine there isnt't this problem.
>The last entry in the menu.lst points to 2.6.38.8-desktop-4
>all automatically, without editing.
>
>so grub works normally.

no, it does not. it never did. the testing scenarios have always been insufficient.

I needed to add an entry to menu.lst to chain to a different menu.lst from another partition (this GRUB dual-boots Mageia Cauldron 32-bit with Windows XP, and the chained GRUB boots Mageia Cauldron 64-bit).

Once you manually touch menu.lst, it's never going to be properly updated afterwards.

such is life, I suppose -- buggy.

r-c aka beranger