[Mageia-dev] Missing packages

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:25:07 CEST 2011

On 21 July 2011 05:50, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 08:21:40 pm Thomas Spuhler wrote:
>> On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 01:55:28 am Anne nicolas wrote:
>> > Hi there
>> >
>> > Usual mail on missing packages. Please have a look on that list to
>> > decrease it: http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html
>> >
>> > This is important to clean this list. Please report on this thread
>> > anything you do for it.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>>
>> I have several (The horde related) and it will take some time to get this
>> all done. there are about 30 packages I need to redo and the names all
>> cahnge to a php-pear-Horde_Cxxxx style
>> then there is the perlapi-5.12.2 which comes from swish-e that doesn't
>> build on a 32 bit system. I am working with upstream to get it fixed, but
>> they take their time.
>> But there is one package I have a problem I cannot explain and I would like
>> some help:
>> php-pear-channel-symfony
>> I have build this package twice with, well at least the system says so (
>> and I can install it locally), but it never makes it over to the mirrors.
>> I checked the spelling, compared it with other channel packages, compared
>> it to SUSE and all looks good.
>> If someone find a little spare time... it would be appreciated
>
> I found this:
> php-pear-channel-symfony found in incorrect media core.x86_64 (allowed
> core.i586)      error
>
> Why did it go to core.x86_64 it's a noarch package
> How do I move (or remove) this?
>
> --
> Thomas

noarch packages are copied to both i586 and x86_64 repos, so the error
on http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html doesn't make sense to me.

Another issue it php-pear-channel-symfony provides and obsoletes
_itself_, this is wrong, IIUC. (I've submitted a new package fixing
this issue).

--
Ahmad Samir