[Mageia-dev] QA team wants testers to help testing update candidates (otherwise : no LTS !)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Jul 21 14:26:14 CEST 2011

here : https://ml.mageia.org/ )

Hello to everyone,

I've been given the task to gather the QA team members so that we can know who
we are, how many, etc. In the same time, because I already know that we are
not very numerous, this is also a call for you to join it if you can devote
some time to testing future updates to the stable release.

So, the first step we need is for you to join the qa-discuss mailing list, and
say hello and who you are :)

Also, joining the qa-bugs mailing list is the best way to follow current
testing, see new updates candidates, etc.

Useful links :
- updates policy :
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy
- updates testing procedure :
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=qa_updates
- list of current update candidates :
http://petitlien.fr/qa-testing

The more people we will be in the team, the less each of us will have to do !

This is also very important, because, as I said in the subject of this mail,
there will be no Long Term Support (LTS) version of Mageia if we already have
difficulty supporting only 1 release.

Last word, if you are interested in security matters, the security team is
looking for help too.

P.S. : please forward the call to the forums, your blogs or anywhere else :)

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde