[Mageia-dev] Packages needing to be rebuilt with freeglut instead of mesaglut

Philippe DIDIER philippedidier at laposte.net
Sat Jul 23 19:35:14 CEST 2011

 >- why migrate?

https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/20110118/002316.html

https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/20110420/004104.html

https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-June/005920.html

 >- what works
 >- what to change when build fails
 >- where to go if nothing makes it build

we can substitute freeglut-devel to mesaglut-devel as buildrequire : it
provides headers strictly compatible besides its enhanced ones...
If something can be built with mesaglut-devel it can be built with
freeglut-devel ! build may not fail because of that

we can substitute freeglut to mesaglut as require
freeglut is strictly compatible with mesaglut library...

But freeglut and mesaglut can't be installed side by side...

For dependancies problems we need to build with freeglut every rpm
needing mesaglut  before obsoleting mesaglut with freeglut
That's the reason why I proposed to build all of them in a testing repo
before switching the mesa spec and the freeglut spec ...

Regards
Philippe