[Mageia-dev] Easy locales

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Jul 27 04:01:56 CEST 2011

José Jorge a écrit :
> hi, a very seen problem by end users is the l10n and i18n packages :
> - you install thunderbird, but it is in english, while your system was
> installed in another language
> - the same for kde, gcompris (sounds only), firefox, libreoffice, gimp (help
> only), etc.
>
> Has this already been discussed?
> Is there any projet on rpmdrake/urpmi to give a better user experience?
>
> José

I don't remember if it has been discussed here, but it was discussed a bit on
mdv before mga started.  I agree that something should be done about this.
I've long thought that we should have a means to designate the languages for a
system, so that these languages are installed if available in accompanying
packages (like firefox/libreoffice/gimp, etc), and other languages are not
installed where they are included in a package, as is often the case.

BTW, when I was more limited in disk space, while on mdv, I removed unwanted
l10n files, and saved a considerable amount of disk space.

That's among the many improvements I'd like to see in rpmdrake/urpmi.
Now all I need to do is improve my perl skills, and a little more time ... :)

--
André