[Mageia-dev] shall i import sawmill rpm?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Jul 27 04:27:54 CEST 2011

David W. Hodgins a écrit :
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:11:44 -0400, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
> <dlucio at okay.com.mx> wrote:

>>> Yes, i will arrange this and communicate with counsill if i got a yes
>
>> I got a YES
>
> They understand the mirrors currently have no way of blocking residents of
> Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea or any other country to which the
> United
> States embargoes goods, or (ii) to the Bosnian Serbs from downloading and
> installing the package?

That's a provision of the U.S. govt, (followed by the canadian and many other
govts), which means that mirrors can't be located in such countries.  But there
is nothing to stop residents of those countries from downloading the software,
except censorship by various govts.  (Which does happen.)
A mirror is not initiating the transfer, and likely has no idea of the real
source of the download request.

That said, I'm not very comfortable with the 30-day trial aspect.  I don't see
our role as distributing shareware.  But whatever is decided ...

--
André